|Attending:||Dan S., Gerald N., Dave W., Julie P., Stellan L., Michael W.|
|Call to order:||The meeting was called to order by President Dave W. at 22:24 on Jun 16th, 2009|
Reports of Officers
Michael Wallis reported:
- Jeff Greason of XCOR was named to the Augustine commission reviewing Human Spaceflight priorities.
- There was a discussion on prizes for performance versus development contracts.
- Michael to revise F.A.S.T. paper originally done with Adrian and Randall for ISDC 2003
- Update to incorporate past 6 years of experience of NewSpace movement
Michael reported on the “Maker Faire”:
- A gathering of people who like to tinker with stuff.
- They had a room full of rocket stuff, all HPR.
- Better place to recruit for E.R.P.S.
- Could we do a “teacart” rocket? Borrow XCOR’s?
- “Make” magazine publishes papers on this sort of stuff.
- Michael to investigate
State of Peroxide:
- Dave Weinshenker reported that there is some 85% peroxide at the test site, property of another user, and there was discussion if we want to purchase it.
- Dave discussed purification strategy, 70% less reactive than 50%.
- Dan Solvin worried about reaction with filtering plastic.
- Dave reported nothing bad has happened. The operation is conducted remotely.
- Dave Weinshenker reported that our concentrating equipment appears intact and might be used.
- Michael mentioned that he’d received email from Juan about supplying peroxide to the group
- Michael to contact various suppliers for specs and prices.
State of Test Site:
State of Engines:
State of vehicles:
- Nothing to report