|Attending:||Gerald N, Ed S, Stallen L, Julie P, Stu C and Michael W|
|Call to order:||The meeting was called to order by Vice President Julie P. at 20:15 on Dec. 15th, 2009.|
Reports of Officers
- (Nothing to report)
- – We still have money, about to have less.
– The Board has been discussing a motion to authorize and appropriate $500 for test site infrastructure support.
- – There have been 5 Board votes recorded in favor, none opposing to the disbursement mentioned above.
– Board Chairman Stu C. declared the motion (to authorize and appropriate) “approved”.
– Michael Wallis confirmed the mailing address on the phone.
– The check will be sent out Wednesday.
Outreach & News:
– Michael Wallis reported the Spaceship 2 rollout.
– Gerald Nordley reported that XCor is still in business.
State of Peroxide:
- Nothing new to report.
State of Test Site
- As previously reported, the Board approved $500 for Test Site Infrastructure.
State of Engines:
- Nothing new to report (Dan S being absent).
State of vehicles
- Michael suggested we think about a Pogo Mark2 vehicle capable of performing a Conrad Square (up, hover, translate, hover, land). The recently completed Lunar Lander Challenge (won by former E.R.P.S. President Dave Masten’s company – Masten Space Systems) demonstrated just such capabilities. Unreasonable Rockets (a father and son team) got hardware in the air using peroxide. Building up a larger team and optimizing catalyst packs for 98% HTP as oxidizer in a biprop engine should allow for goo flight times in a modest sized vehicle.
- – Non-Profit status; recovery still in work. Michael Wallis may visit IRS office during holiday season to get the right forms.
- – A Board meeting may be called early in the new year. Stu C. to email notice to the Execs.
- Stallen Lagerstorm moved to adjourn at 2040, Michael Wallis seconded. Meeting adjourned by unanimous consent at 2041.