|Attending:||Michael W, Eric W, Kevin B, Julie P.
– Dave W called before the meeting
– Dan S call as we were wrapping up
|Call to order:||8:20 p.m., Sept. 11th, 2007|
- Dave W called in a report of ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œNothing new to reportÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â.
- He fell recently and broke his wrist and is still recovering.
- Kevin reported that Chuck is still at the ranch and doing well. HeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s been enjoying the generator.
- Kevin is refurbishing the 750 lb. thrust engine
- HeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s also planning on building a copper electroforming machine for making engines. ItÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s coming alone slowly though.
- Kevin reported that Project Lever is moving ahead
- He has all the major structural elements in hand
- He still needs some special 8020 nuts and bolts that are designed to dampen vibration.
- His first vehicle will use the 750 lb. engine and be mono propellant powered.
- He is also planning a second vehicle using the same modular design that will use the 750 in a bipropellant mode (changing the end cap).
- He has small COÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ tanks for pressurant
- He may use nitrogen or argon in them if the welding gas supplier will fill them, or COÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ if they wonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t
- He is also tracing down some clear composite propane tanks to see what their characteristics are.
- He has been planning an RCS system that should be 1 1/2 inches square
- Julie mentioned that she had picked up a AeroMirco ducted fan and would see if it might be usable for a GizmoCopter type vehicle.
- SiliCon is fast approaching, Oct 5th to 7th at the DoubleTree Hotel in San Jose, CA. Michael will try to contact their Programming staff about our offer to do a Rocket Panel and to see about a Club Table.
- FAA AST is holding their regular fall meetings Oct 10th and 11th at the FAA Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- The 2007 Wirefly X Prize Cup will take place Oct 26th to 28th at Holloman AFB in New Mexico.
Adjourned: 9:03 p.m.
General Meeting #319